Education is an important part of our Safe Passage services. Our speaker will customize the presentation for your audience size, interest, and available time. There is no charge for services offered by Safe Passage, Inc.
Some topics include:
- Safe Passage Services
- Domestic Violence
- Dating Violence
- Internet Safety
- Healthy Relationships
- Sexual Trauma
- Child Advocacy
- Gender Stereotypes
- Sexual Harassment
- Building Team Perspectives
- I pledge to be AWARE of how my words, thoughts, and actions may inadvertently cause harm towards women, especially my silence.
- I pledge to be as CARING to women whom I am not related to as I would be to those that I am, knowing that in doing so I am creating a safer environment for all women in our community.
- I pledge to be RESPONSIVE when the safety and welfare of women are at risk, even when others are unresponsive.
- I pledge to be OPEN-MINDED about the changes I need to make in my beliefs, opinions, and actions towards women.
- I pledge to be SENSITIVE to the needs of all individuals in my community so that we can all live safely and free from threat of harm.
- I pledge to be STRONG as I work towards ending violence towards women in our community.
Men ACROSS is a violence prevention organization comprised of male professionals in York County, SC. Our aim is to prevent domestic and sexual violence against women by shifting social norms regarding definitions of manhood that negatively impact our community. In 2014, our state was ranked 2nd nationally in domestic violence related homicides and 39th nationally in sexual violence. We believe that preventing domestic and sexual violence is primarily the responsibility of men. To do this, Men ACROSS feels that well intentioned males in York County need to step across the divide and develop new norms of masculinity in which men are Aware Caring Responsive Open-minded Sensitive and Strong. Through regular meetings and community events, Men ACROSS provides men and boys with the tools and strategies to positively address these social issues. Our invitation is to all men who are interested in improving our community and learning how to prevent domestic and sexual violence towards our mothers, our sisters, our wives and our daughters.
For questions regarding Men ACROSS, please contact Keymo Walker at 803-329-3336 or email@example.com
Click here for MenACROSS flyer